Beer Chicken With Rosemary (2009-05-22)
I have no recipe for the beer chicken I made, I just threw in
whatever I found in the fridge that I thought might work. The
result was pretty tasty though. There's a bitter undertone in the
sauce, if you like beer, you'll like this "recipe".
Beer Chicken With Rosemary (serves 2)
- Two chicken thighs and legs
- A small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Handful of mushrooms
- Half a large tomato (I added this because I had half a leftover tomato)
- 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- A can of beer and equal amount of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper chicken. Dredge with flour, shake off excess.
- Brown chicken, remove from pan.
- Saute onion, garlic, mushroom in the same pan for a minute.
- Deglaze the pan with beer.
- Add browned chicken, rosemary, stock, tomato, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar.
- When it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover and cook for
- Check liquid level, boil away uncovered if too much left or add stock if too little remains.
- Serve with steamed new potatoes.
Back to top